Hello, new UCWbLers! If you’re looking for your interview questions for WRD 395 or 582, look no further. Below you can find the directions and interview questions you’ll need to begin interviewing returning UCWbLers. (Don’t worry, it won’t be as formal or scary as the photo above.)
Interview at least 2 returning UCWbLers, spending about 30 minutes on each interview. Take notes on each interview. We’ve provided a list of questions below that you can use, or you can create your own questions (or both, of course). Before each interview, prioritize the questions you really want answered because you may not get to all of them.
These interviews are an opportunity to get to know your fellow UCWbLers and a chance to hear firsthand what working at the UCWbL is like.
Work with the Receptionist to identify returning UCWbLers who are not busy with appointments.
Before you begin each interview, find out the interviewee’s name, field(s) of study, and role(s) at the UCWbL.
- Thinking back to when you started, what are the 3 most important things that you think a new UCWbLer should know?
- Is there an aspect of working at the UCWbL that you wish you had known during your first few weeks?
- How long have you worked here? How has your role at the UCWbL changed since you first started?
- What are your favorite aspects of working at the UCWbL?
- What is a typical week at the UCWbL like for you?
- Are you a part of any UCWbL teams? If so, which teams and what is your role?
- Describe your best appointment. What made it so memorable? Have you incorporated what went well in this appointment into other appointments?
- Describe a frustrating appointment. How did you handle the challenges the tutorial presented? What did you learn from this experience?
- What are some of your favorite resources to use in appointments?
- What was your favorite aspect of the training class? What was the most important lesson you took away from the class?
- What is your writing process?
- How have you seen yourself grow as a writer since you began working for the UCWbL?