I’ll admit, I am a Pinterest junkie. Most might identify Pinterest as a hub for DIY (do-it-yourself) projects. That is true, but it’s also a handy source for helping you live your life. For those who don’t know how Pinterest works, it produces user-generated content from thousands of sources (mostly blogs) and then categorizes everything from gardening, DIY crafts, fitness, parenting, etc. Anything that could connect to your life is there at your fingertips.
Working at the UCWbL, or even as a student, can sometimes be stressful. And the perfect prescription for this problem is the Pinterest drug to help balance your life as a tutor at DePaul (or wherever you might be tutoring). Here are a few tips from Pinterest that can change your life on organizing.
- Use Google Calendar (By Ruth Soukup on Live Well Spending Less)
- Juggling your UCWbL, class, homework, and life schedule can leave you with a gray hair or two. Google Calendar can help you visually see how your days will pan out, plus it syncs with your phone! This way you know when you have free time to unwind with friends or your best friend, Netflix.
- Keep Mondays completely clear (By Meg Biram on The Well)
- This might be a toughie since the Writing Center needs UCWbLers to work on Mondays, and we all have classes, but I think picking ONE day out of the week to get work done for the week ahead will help to lift a weight off your shoulders. Wouldn’t it be nice to find yourself on a Sunday not worrying about homework due? Because it’s already DONE!
- Clean up your messy desktop with one wallpaper (By Heather Moritz on Moritz Fine Designs)
- For those of you who have a tsunami of folders on your desktop might find this suggestion amazing. You can organize all your folders into a few squares on the screen and voila! You’ve got a stylish wallpaper that people will gawk at. This will ensure easy access to files and save time during an appointment. You can search online for all kinds of wallpapers, but I definitely recommend checking out the tutorial in the link.
- Keep a To-Do list and stick to it (By Crystal Paine on Money Saving Mom)
- A to-do list might be a no-brainer for organization, but sticking to it is the real challenge. This blog entry gives three strategies to ensure you will finish your list. A to-do list can help you accomplish tasks for the UCWbL and potentially avoid procrastination.
Has your interest been piqued? Then check out Pinterest yourself. These tips are just a small handful of what you can find. Stay tuned in for next week on the next installment of Pinterest Your Life: UCWbL Style. The next topic will be… *drum roll* Staying Focused!